Jackson Business Attorney
Supporting Mississippi Business Owners and Entrepreneurs
Every successful business is going to encounter obstacles, whether they are a new startup or a titan in their field. Effective legal representation is essential to overcoming these challenges and keeping a company on the right track.
Business leaders need to be focused on growing their company and advancing its goals. Our Jackson business lawyer at Irvin Law, PLLC can give your business the experienced support it needs to navigate complex legal challenges. Our firm is able to both assist on a case-by-case basis as well as provide general counsel advisement. We work with both for-profit and nonprofit Mississippi businesses and are intimately familiar with the relevant state and federal laws. Our team can give you the guidance you need to succeed.
A Full Suite of Business Legal Services
Our business law practice strives to identify and enact both proven and innovative solutions for companies of all shapes and sizes. We work with both burgeoning startups and established companies and are capable of addressing whatever challenge you are facing.
Our Jackson business attorney can assist your company with:
- Entity Formation. If your company is just getting off the ground or you represent a startup looking to incorporate, you will need to form a legal business entity. There are several types of entities, each with organizational and financial advantages and disadvantages, but all confer some level of liability protection, tax efficiency, and enforceable leadership structure. We can evaluate your goals and advise which entity type will be most conducive to achieving them.
- Policy Formation. As you build your company, you will need sound policies that form the bedrock of your business, its leadership, its operations, and its goals. We have worked with companies of numerous sizes across a plethora of industries, giving us a unique insight into policymaking. Our team can help you develop robust company policies that will support your objectives and philosophy while remaining in compliance with all relevant state and federal regulations.
- Contracting Services. Every company will at some point need legally enforceable agreements between itself and its employees, vendors, suppliers, clients, and any other third party it regularly interacts with. Strong contracts will protect the business’s interests and mitigate consequences when problems do arise. We can draft, negotiate, review, and finalize contracts of all types.
- Board Selection. If you choose to form a corporation, you will need to establish a board of directors responsible for the business’s governance. We can advise you throughout the board selection process in evaluating and selecting candidates that will be most conducive to your vision. We can also assist in longer-term matters of corporate governance, including ensuring you are following all state and federal rules on recordkeeping and decision making.
- Human Resources. As companies grow, you will likely need additional support in its administration. Our firm can work with your human resources department to ensure its actions operate within what is permitted by law. This can include evaluating and advising on new hires, potential terminations, changes to company policy, and intercompany conflicts.
- Fundraising. Your company will likely need access to financing at some point in order to continue to expand. Our credit services include support for establishing, building, and maintaining strong business credit. We can work to ideally position your company and can give you guidance in any business fundraising endeavor.
- Legislative Analysis. Emerging laws at the local, state, and federal level can potentially impact a company’s operations and long-term strategy. We can advise on an individual or going basis on the potential for new legislation to impact your goals and make recommendations that will help your business adapt and plan for the future.
- General Counsel Support. Our firm is happy to assist you with any individual business legal matter, but we are also available to provide you continued support. We are invested in our clients’ long-term success and can partner with you to overcome whatever challenges you may face.
Nonprofit Legal Services
Creating and running a nonprofit is an unselfish act that our firm is happy to champion. We offer a wide array of services to new and existing nonprofits and have over 15 years of experience working in this field.
People form nonprofits to help others, not to deal with bureaucracy and endless corporate maintenance. Our team can take on the tedious elements of nonprofit formation and administration so that you can focus on doing great work.
We offer legal assistance to nonprofits in numerous areas, including:
- Formation. In order to benefit from tax efficiencies and other organizational advantages, a nonprofit will need to be registered with the state. Our team can handle this paperwork and ensure you are registered with the appropriate bodies.
- Identifying and Training Volunteers. Most successful nonprofits will depend on a varied network of passionate and enthusiastic volunteers. We can assist in the volunteer search process and support training efforts.
- Fundraising. Securing financing for nonprofits can vary wildly from fundraising for a for-profit company, both in terms of practical approach and regulatory requirements. Our team can ensure your nonprofit’s fundraising efforts are in compliance with all relevant local, state, and federal laws while advising on how to make your efforts as productive as possible.
- Strategic Planning. Every nonprofit needs a plan for both the short- and long-term. Setting goals for growth, outreach, other milestones is critical to keeping leaders on track and the overall health of the organization. We can evaluate your nonprofit’s objectives and present situation and develop strategies for achieving them.
- Brand Creation. The reality is that the most effective nonprofits put themselves out there and gain momentum by growing public awareness. To do this, you will need to build an effective brand that speaks to your nonprofit’s objectives and philosophy. We can assist throughout the brand creation process and make suggestions based on our years of hands-on experience.
Committed To Advancing Your Creative Vision
At Irvin Law, PLLC, we want to set your business up for success. Dealing with legal problems and bureaucratic obstacles is never the priority of a successful business leader, which is why our Jackson business lawyer does everything possible to give you the time and space you need to focus on growing your company. Whether you are a first-time business owner with a great idea or an established nonprofit struggling with stagnation, our team can give you the legal guidance you need.